We often forget about our back simply because we can’t see it. We don’t notice how we slouch, depriving the muscles of physical activity. As a result, they become slack and annoying folds appear.
Hiit Workout collected for you some simple but effective exercises. Performing them regularly at home for 2-3 weeks can tone up your back muscles.
6 Effective Exercises to Get Rid of Folds on Your Back and Sides
1. Bicycle Crunches
1. Lie flat on the floor with your lower back pressed to the ground (pull your navel in to also target your deep abs).
2. Put your hands behind your head, then bring your knees in towards your chest and lift your shoulder blades off the ground, but make sure not to pull on your neck.
3. Straighten your right leg out to about a 45-degree angle to the ground while turning your upper body to the left, bringing your right elbow towards the left knee. Be sure your rib cage is moving and not just your elbows.
4. Now switch sides and do the same motion on the other side to complete one rep.
Do 3 sets of 20 reps.
2. Low to High Woodchop
Use a 5- to 10-pound dumbbell or a medicine ball.
1. Squat, and twist left to hold the dumbbell on the outside of your left leg.
2. Exhale, and lift the weight diagonally across your body, ending twisted to the right with the dumbbell above your head. Pivot on your left foot as needed.
3. The move is a bit percussive, so focus on the rotation initiating in your torso.
4. Control the weight back up to the starting position to complete one rep.
5. Remember you’re moving with force but also control. Don’t give into the momentum of swinging the weight around. Do 3 sets of 15 reps on each side.
3. Triangle Crunches
1. Kneel on your left knee, extend your right leg to the side, place your left hand on the floor and place your right hand behind your head.
2. Bring your right knee toward your right elbow and squeeze.
3. Return to the starting position, repeat, and then switch sides.
4. Do 3 sets of 20 reps.
4. Oblique V Crunches
1. Lie on your right side, with your left hand behind your head and your right hand on the floor.
2. Press down into your right hand as you raise your straight legs off the floor, bringing your torso toward your legs.
3. Lower yourself back to the floor with control. This completes one rep.
4. Do 8 reps, then switch sides.
5. Russian Twists
1. Sit on the ground with your knees bent and your heels about a foot from your butt.
2. Lean slightly back without rounding your spine at all. It’s really important, and difficult, to keep your back straight, but do not let it curve.
3. Place your arms straight out in front of you with your hands one on top of the other. Your hands should be level with the bottom of your ribcage.
4. Pull your navel to your spine and twist slowly to the left. The movement isn’t large and comes from the ribs rotating, not from your arms swinging. Inhale through center and rotate to the right. These completes one rep.
5. Do 16 full rotations.
6. Side Plank Dips
1. Begin in a side elbow plank on your right side with straight legs and your feet stacked.
2. Inhale and lower your pelvis to the floor, so your right hip hovers just off the floor. Exhale and press up through your right waist to lift your pelvis and return to side plank. Pull your right shoulder blade down your back to stabilize your shoulder.
3. Repeat for a total of 10 to 15 reps to complete a set, then switch sides. Do 3 sets.
P.S. Take a look at the 5 veggies that boost female metabolism and burn off lower belly fat.